1. Dynasty Podcasts is Chicago’s first ever and longest-running music podcast. At the time of its premiere, there hadn’t been any other music-focused podcasts in Chicago yet, including from professional journalism or radio outlets.
2. Dynasty Podcasts launched on the night of August 31st, 2005 at the Dynamic Dynasty’s Meltdown party. The 18+ dance party took place at Wicker Park’s Tre Via, now Debonair, and featured a DJ set from Scott Lucas.
3. Before Dynasty Podcasts, the Dynamic Dynasty promotions were producing Chicago nightlife events. Those included Wicker Park dance parties from 2005 on, featuring DJ sets from Chicago talent like Kill Hannah, Local H, Assassins, and more.
5. The Dynasty Podcasts MySpace page, the podcasts’ original web home, is still up.
6. The first Dynasty Podcast series was titled The Ministry Of The Dynasty, featuring a cast of young creative Chicago talent, including bloggers, photographers, screen-printers, socialites, and more. The TM♥TD in the Dynasty flag design stands for The Ministry Of The Dynasty. The next series was titled Chicago*uniteD. Both TM♥TD and C*U were precursors to the current ChicagoVerseUniteD series.
7. Past Dynasty Podcasts co-host alums include Mikul Wing, who would go on to co-found Midnight Conspiracy, and Rachel Rabbit White, aka The White Rabbit as she was known on the podcast, who has gone on to find great success as a sex writer in New York.